Located 20 minutes from Whitehorse, in an area known for its sun-saturated craggy hills, pine and spruce trees, and the Takhini River, is the Yukon’s new premier recording facility, Green Needle Records.
Over the past two decades, owner/operator Jim Holland has built a reputation as a skillful and fluid producer, engineer and musician, recording and playing all styles of music.
- The cleanest air in Canada;
- Beautiful mountain views;
- Large network of wilderness trails just outside the studio door for walking, biking, skiing and snowshoeing;
- Minutes from Bean North coffee shop, Yukon Wildlife Preserve, Takhini Hot Springs and the Takhini River;
- No planes, trains or traffic.
- Best of modern and vintage recording equipment;
- Large, beautiful acoustic spaces with 20ft ceilings;
- Real echo chamber;
- Affordable rates and package deals;
- Seasonal outdoor recording;
- All projects elligible for up to $5000 Yukon recording grant.